Welcome to the School of Neuroscience Summer Orientation!
You are going to receive two emails from the advisors in the School of Neuroscience on or around June 7th.
- One is an invitation to a Canvas course website for School of Neuroscience Orientation Summer 2021.
- The other email will be an invitation to schedule an advising appointment, where you will meet one-on-one with an advisor to discuss your class schedule. Please accept both invitations, and complete the list below.
NOTE: The email you receive to schedule an appointment will have “[Your Name], Schedule an Orientation Appointment” in the subject line. You should be able to easily search for the email in your Virginia Tech email.
Please complete the following steps prior to your orientation advising appointment.
1. Complete all the steps listed on the College of Science Orientation website. Hopefully, you will already be done with at least Steps 1 and 2.
2. Accept the invitation to our Canvas site for “School of Neuroscience Summer 2021 Orientation.”
3. Look over the posted information and video(s), complete the modules, and take the quiz BEFORE your advising appointment. This quiz will not count for a grade, it is merely to ensure that you have watched and understood our introductory videos.
4. Make sure your advising appointment is scheduled. As a reminder, you can schedule the appointment through the link you receive on June 7th.
5. If you have any questions, email us at email@example.com.
6. Check your Virginia Tech email daily! You will receive many updates through your VT email.
John Ray Roberts
We are looking forward to meeting you virtually this summer and hopefully in-person this Fall! Please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you run into any issues or have any questions.
The School of Neuroscience Advising Team