Orientation for Incoming Neuroscience Students
Orientation is an important event for all incoming Virginia Tech students. During orientation, you will learn about the student support services, work on your schedule; meet your advisor and other staff member, and more.
- For Transfer Students
Tentative Dates: June 20 and 21.
- Transfer students must register to attend an Orientation day to work with an advisor on their schedules for Fall 2016. Students will receive emails from an advisor prior to Orientation.
- For First-Year (Freshman) Students
Dates: July 10-11, 11-12, 17-18, 18-19, 19-20, 20-21, 24-25, 25-26, 26-27, 27-28, and July 31- August 1.
- First-year students must register to attend Orientation. Prior to orientation, you will be contacted to complete an orientation packet. So make sure you check your vt.edu email account!
- Students are urged to bring an unofficial copy of their AP, IB, or Dual Enrollment transcript or scores. These scores will help advisors recommend a set of courses best fit for the students.
- Spring Orientation
- Spring Orientation is designed for students entering in Spring semester. For more information, visit: http://nsp.vt.edu/new_student_orientation/spring_orientation/sign_up.html.
Questions and Answers
A: If you received credits through AP/IB/Dual Enrollment, you may not have to take these courses at Virginia Tech. To help determine the best schedule for you, we need to know what credits you are receiving so we don’t schedule you in the same courses.
A: You are expected to send the official documents (transcripts and/or AP/IB scores) to the Registrar’s Office. Instructions can be found at http://registrar.vt.edu/registration-multi-brief/ap-ib-clep-credit.html. For orientation purpose, we don’t need the official version.
A: Yes, you can change it when add/drop period opens (around mid-August). You must consult with an advisor because if you drop a class that you need, you may not be able to re-enroll due to space limitation. So don’t change your schedule until you discuss with an advisor.
A: If you cannot attend any orientation sessions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to alert an advisor. You will be able to work with an advisor to schedule course for the Fall semester. The College of Science may hold a make-up orientation in August prior to the start of classes. Check back for more information.