1. Students wishing to change their primary major to Neuroscience must first meet with an advisor before applying for the major change on HokieSpa.
*Please note: We cannot accommodate non-Neuroscience majors during course request or add/drop periods. Please schedule a meeting before or after these times.
College of Science Forms
- Authorization to Take Courses Elsewhere
- Change of Secondary Major/Minor Form
- Course Withdrawal
- Undergraduate Research/Independent Study
- Progress Towards Degree
- Field Study Credit Request Form
- School of Neuroscience Request for Exception to Policy
Academic Relief Forms
Please complete this academic advising feedback survey. Your responses are ANONYMOUS and will be used to improve our advising team.
Student shares the responsibility for developing an advising partnership with the advisor. Over time, the partnership results in increased responsibility for the student. The student will:
- Communicating goals, needs, wants, and concerns to the advisor in a respectful and sincere manner;
- Keeping abreast of their own academic progress and requirements related to their academic program;
- Making, keeping, and being prepared for appointments with advisor;
- Informing the advisor of changes in plans and/or circumstances that might impact academic performance;
- Knowing departmental procedures for changing advisors; and
- Bringing concerns regarding quality of advising to the attention of the advisor
The advisor shares the responsibility for developing an advising partnership with undergraduate students. This is achieved through the advisor:
- Communicating with students and delivering individualized and accurate information in professional sincere manner;
- Being informed of, and providing accurate information about current academic policies and procedures;
- Keeping appointments and being available for assistance;
- Providing appropriate referrals, contacts, and information;
- Doing appropriate follow-up with students; and
- Seeking out and taking advantage of opportunities for professional development
Students in the School of Neuroscience program receive personalized advising. We work with students from orientation to graduation. Our mission is to work with students to create personalized educational plans that are compatible with their interests, career, and life goals. We follow the University’s Advising Philosophy and advising guidelines.