Students in the Neuroscience degree program learn directly from experts in the field about advances in genetic, cellular, molecular, cognitive and systems Neuroscience. By studying model organisms in the laboratory, students learn hands-on how the brain develops, how it is wired and how it functions. Through interactive lectures students explore how human behavior, addiction and many neurological illnesses can be explained at a cellular, genetic, & molecular level. Novel electives challenge students to apply Neuroscience to the understanding of memory, decision-making, artistic expression or how to develop better semiconductors or the control of robotic devices.
Learn about Neuroscience
For more information about undergraduate research opportunities, please visit our Undergraduate Research Resources Page.
Find information about summer internships at:
- Summer Undergraduate Research Programs
- Career Services at VT
- Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU)
Professional school resources
For more information about Health Professional Schools, please visit the Health Professions Advising.
If you have any questions or would like to meet with an advisor, please contact:
Schedule a visit! Come visit us, Schedule a campus tour at the Undergraduate Admissions.
- ONLINE -- Executive MBA Information Session 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM Online
- Art Exhibit: Ray Kass "Silk & Water" 12:00 PM - 9:00 PM Squires Student Center 2nd Floor
- Virginia Tech Presents: The 2018 MLK Keynote Speaker Kamau Bell 7:00 PM - 11:59 PM The Moss Arts Center