School of Neuroscience Study Abroad
Global Perspectives in Neuroscience and Medicine.
The Global Perspectives in Neuroscience and Medicine study abroad program is a unique opportunity to study diseases from various scientific, clinical, economic, societal, and historical perspectives. You will gain cultural awareness by examining how lifestyle and societal perception in different cultures influences disease diagnosis, progression, and treatment. The program prepares you to be a global citizen who can think critically about the impact of diseases and medical practices in different societies.
- Courses: NEUR 4034 Diseases of the Nervous System and NEUR 4044 Global Perspectives in Medicine (6 credits total)
- Location: Steger Center for International Scholarship, Riva San Vitale, Switzerland
- Potential travel locations include cities in Italy, Austria, Germany, France, Netherlands, and Switzerland
- Duration: 3 weeks during Summer Session I
- Eligibility: All neuroscience majors that are rising juniors and seniors and have completed NEUR 2026
- Faculty leaders: Dr. Kristin Phillips and Dr. Harald Sontheimer
- Contact for information: Dr. Kristin Phillips (email@example.com)